* Antioxidative enzyme profiling and biosorption ability of Cupriavidus metallidurans CH34 and Pseudomonas putida mt2 under cadmium stress.
- Cupriavidus metallidurans CH34 and Pseudomonas putida mt2 were used as cadmium (Cd)-resistant and -sensitive bacteria, respectively, to study their biosorption ability and their antioxidative enzymes. The minimal inhibitory concentration of C. metallidurans CH34 for Cd was found to be 30 mM, and for P. putida mt2 it was 1.25 mM. The tube dilution method revealed the heavy-metal resistance pattern of C. metallidurans CH34 as Ni(2+) (10 mM)>Zn(2+) (4 mM)>Cu(2+) (2 mM)>Hg(2+) (1 mM)>Cr(2+) (1 mM)>Pb(2+) (0 mM), whereas P. putida mt2 was only resistant to Zn(2+) (1 mM). Under Cd stress, the induction of GSH was higher in C. metallidurans CH34 (0.359 ± 0.010 mM g(-1) FW) than in P. putida mt2 (0.286 ± 0.005 mM g(-1) FW). Glutathione reductase was more highly expressed in the mt2 strain, in contrast to non-protein thiols and peroxidase. Unlike dead bacterial cells, live cells of both bacteria showed significant Cd biosorption, i.e. more than 80% at 48 h. C. metallidurans CH34 used only catalase, whereas P. putida mt2 used superoxide dismutase and ascorbate peroxidase to combat Cd stress. This study investigated the Cd biosorption ability and enzymes involved in the Cd detoxification mechanisms of C. metallidurans CH34 and P. putida mt2.
=>意義深い, 重大な, 意味のある, 意味ありげな, 重要な
Overview of adj significant
The adj significant has 4 senses (first 4 from tagged texts)
1. (18) significant, important -- (important in effect or meaning; "a significant change in tax
laws"; "a significant change in the Constitution"; "a significant contribution"; "significant
details"; "statistically significant")
2. (9) significant, substantial -- (fairly large; "won by a substantial margin")
3. (3) significant -- (too closely correlated to be attributed to chance and therefore indicating a
systematic relation; "the interaction effect is significant at the .01 level"; "no significant
difference was found")
4. (2) meaning, pregnant, significant -- (rich in significance or implication; "a meaning look")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2020-12-01 (c)sirasawa 2019