2015 Journal of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine
* A novel three-dimensional scaffold for regenerative endodontics: materials and biological characterizations.
- An electrospun nanocomposite fibrous material holds promise as a scaffold, as well as a drug-delivery device to aid in root maturogenesis and the regeneration of the pulp-dentine complex. A novel three-dimensional (3D) nanocomposite scaffold composed of polydioxanone (PDS II®) and halloysite nanotubes (HNTs) was designed and fabricated by electrospinning. Morphology, structure, mechanical properties and cell compatibility studies were carried out to evaluate the effects of HNTs incorporation (0.5-10 wt% relative to PDS w/w). Overall, a 3D porous network was seen in the different fabricated electrospun scaffolds, regardless of the HNT content. The incorporation of HNTs at 10 wt% led to a significant (p < 0.0001) fibre diameter increase and a reduction in scaffold strength. Moreover, PDS-HNTs scaffolds supported the attachment and proliferation of human-derived pulp fibroblast cells. Quantitative proliferation assay performed with human dental pulp-derived cells as a function of nanotubes concentration indicated that the HNTs exhibit a high level of biocompatibility, rendering them good candidates for the potential encapsulation of distinct bioactive molecules. Collectively, the reported data support the conclusion that PDS-HNTs nanocomposite fibrous structures hold potential in the development of a bioactive scaffold for regenerative endodontics.
=>意義深い, 重大な, 意味のある, 意味ありげな, 重要な
Overview of adj significant
The adj significant has 4 senses (first 4 from tagged texts)
1. (18) significant, important -- (important in effect or meaning; "a significant change in tax
laws"; "a significant change in the Constitution"; "a significant contribution"; "significant
details"; "statistically significant")
2. (9) significant, substantial -- (fairly large; "won by a substantial margin")
3. (3) significant -- (too closely correlated to be attributed to chance and therefore indicating a
systematic relation; "the interaction effect is significant at the .01 level"; "no significant
difference was found")
4. (2) meaning, pregnant, significant -- (rich in significance or implication; "a meaning look")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2020-12-01 (c)sirasawa 2019