2015 Clinical and applied thrombosis/hemostasis : official journal of the International Academy of Clinical and Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis
* Evaluation of 2 nomogram-based strategies for dosing argatroban in patients with known or suspected heparin-induced thrombocytopenia.
- No study has compared 2 different dosing strategies for argatroban titration nor has any published nomogram demonstrated improvement in outcomes. This study was conducted to evaluate the effectiveness of 2 argatroban nomograms on reaching therapeutic anticoagulation. Patients treated with argatroban were separated into 2 sliding scale groups, percentage adjustments (PAs) and predefined dose increments (PDIs). The primary outcome was the time to reach a therapeutic activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT). The average initial dose and dose to achieve a therapeutic aPTT were similar between the groups. There was also no difference in the number of dose changes. The time to reach a therapeutic aPTT was 2 hours shorter in the PDI compared to the PA group, 8 ± 4 hours versus 10 ± 4 hours, P = .015. This study demonstrates a significant time advantage associated with a PDI nomogram compared to a PA nomogram but no difference with respect to the number of rate changes.
=>意義深い, 重大な, 意味のある, 意味ありげな, 重要な
Overview of adj significant
The adj significant has 4 senses (first 4 from tagged texts)
1. (18) significant, important -- (important in effect or meaning; "a significant change in tax
laws"; "a significant change in the Constitution"; "a significant contribution"; "significant
details"; "statistically significant")
2. (9) significant, substantial -- (fairly large; "won by a substantial margin")
3. (3) significant -- (too closely correlated to be attributed to chance and therefore indicating a
systematic relation; "the interaction effect is significant at the .01 level"; "no significant
difference was found")
4. (2) meaning, pregnant, significant -- (rich in significance or implication; "a meaning look")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2020-11-30 (c)sirasawa 2019