* The Bahasa Melayu version of the Global Physical Activity Questionnaire: reliability and validity study in Malaysia.
- This study aimed to assess the reliability and concurrent validity of the Bahasa Melayu version of the Global Physical Activity Questionnaire (GPAQ-M) by comparing it with the short form of the International Physical Activity Questionnaire (IPAQ-S) and objectively measuring physical activity using a Yamax DigiWalker (Yamax, Tokyo, Japan) pedometer. A total of 100 adults aged between 20 and 58 years from Kelantan in Malaysia voluntarily participated in this study. The Wilcoxon signed-rank analysis showed no significant differences in 2-week test-retest scores for total metabolic equivalent∙minutes∙per week and 4 domains of the GPAQ-M. There was a low but significant relationship between time spent on total physical activity measured by the GPAQ-M and average steps per day recorded using the pedometer (r s = .265, P = .013). Significant correlations were also found between GPAQ-M and the IPAQ-S for varying levels of intensity during physical activities (r s = .309-.466, P < .01).
=>意義深い, 重大な, 意味のある, 意味ありげな, 重要な
Overview of adj significant
The adj significant has 4 senses (first 4 from tagged texts)
1. (18) significant, important -- (important in effect or meaning; "a significant change in tax
laws"; "a significant change in the Constitution"; "a significant contribution"; "significant
details"; "statistically significant")
2. (9) significant, substantial -- (fairly large; "won by a substantial margin")
3. (3) significant -- (too closely correlated to be attributed to chance and therefore indicating a
systematic relation; "the interaction effect is significant at the .01 level"; "no significant
difference was found")
4. (2) meaning, pregnant, significant -- (rich in significance or implication; "a meaning look")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2020-09-28 (c)sirasawa 2019