* Impact of bone quality and implant type on the primary stability: an experimental study using bovine bone.
- The purpose of this in vitro study was to compare the primary stability and removal torque of bone level and tissue level implants in different bone qualities. Twenty tissue level and bone level implants (3.3 × 10 mm and 4.1 × 10 mm) were used for assessing the stability in type II and type IV bone. Forty bovine rib blocks were used in this study. The primary stability of the implant was measured by the resonance frequency using an Osstel device. The removal torque values (RTV) of the implants was assessed using a digital torque gauge instrument. The implant stability quotient (ISQ) values and the RTV showed a marginally higher stability with bone level implants as compared to tissue level implants. However, these differences were not statistically significant in both type of bone used (P > 0.05). On the other hand, compared to type IV, type II bone showed significant differences in the ISQ (P < 0.01) and RTV (P < 0.001) of bone level and tissue level implants. The study concluded that bone quality is an important factor in establishing primary stability than the implant dimension. Bone level and tissue level implants of same dimensions can be selected based on the esthetic demands since they showed similar mechanical properties.
=>意義深い, 重大な, 意味のある, 意味ありげな, 重要な
Overview of adj significant
The adj significant has 4 senses (first 4 from tagged texts)
1. (18) significant, important -- (important in effect or meaning; "a significant change in tax
laws"; "a significant change in the Constitution"; "a significant contribution"; "significant
details"; "statistically significant")
2. (9) significant, substantial -- (fairly large; "won by a substantial margin")
3. (3) significant -- (too closely correlated to be attributed to chance and therefore indicating a
systematic relation; "the interaction effect is significant at the .01 level"; "no significant
difference was found")
4. (2) meaning, pregnant, significant -- (rich in significance or implication; "a meaning look")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2020-09-25 (c)sirasawa 2019