* Prognostic value of baseline absolute lymphocyte concentration and neutrophil/lymphocyte ratio in dogs with newly diagnosed multi-centric lymphoma.
- Canine multi-centric B-cell lymphoma shares similarities with diffuse large B-cell (Non-Hodgkin's) lymphoma (NHL) in people. In people with NHL, lymphopenia at diagnosis and first relapse and neutrophil/lymphocyte ratio (N:L) > 3.5 are negative prognostic factors for survival. The objective of this study was to determine if lymphocyte concentration at diagnosis and first relapse and N:L were prognostic for survival in dogs with newly diagnosed multi-centric lymphoma. Medical records of 77 dogs with multi-centric lymphoma treated with a CHOP-based chemotherapy protocol were retrospectively evaluated. Absolute lymphocyte concentration and N:L ratio at presentation of dogs pre-treated with steroids was not significantly different from dogs who had not received steroids. On multivariate analysis, only immunophenotype remained significant for progression-free survival (PFS), whereas no variables remained significant for ST. A prospective study of these haematologic variables is warranted to assess their true significance.
=>意義深い, 重大な, 意味のある, 意味ありげな, 重要な
Overview of adj significant
The adj significant has 4 senses (first 4 from tagged texts)
1. (18) significant, important -- (important in effect or meaning; "a significant change in tax
laws"; "a significant change in the Constitution"; "a significant contribution"; "significant
details"; "statistically significant")
2. (9) significant, substantial -- (fairly large; "won by a substantial margin")
3. (3) significant -- (too closely correlated to be attributed to chance and therefore indicating a
systematic relation; "the interaction effect is significant at the .01 level"; "no significant
difference was found")
4. (2) meaning, pregnant, significant -- (rich in significance or implication; "a meaning look")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2020-02-18 (c)sirasawa 2019