* Multifactorial analysis of factors affecting recurrence of stroke in Japan.
- Data on factors affecting stroke recurrence are relatively limited. The authors examined potential factors affecting stroke recurrence, retrospectively. The study participants were 1087 patients who were admitted to stroke centers suffering from first-ever ischemic stroke and returned questionnaires with usable information after discharge. The authors analyzed the association between clinical parameters of the patients and their prognosis. Recurrence rate of during an average of 2 years after discharge was 21.3%, and there were differences among stroke subtypes. It was found that the disability level of the patients after discharge correlated well with the level at discharge (r s = 0.66). Multivariate logistic regression analysis of the data shows that modified Rankin Scale score, National Institute of Health Stroke Scale score, gender, age, and family history had statistically significant impacts on stroke recurrence, and the impact was different depending on subtypes. These findings suggest that aggressive and persistent health education for poststroke patients and management of risk factors are essential to reduce stroke recurrence.
Overview of noun findings
The noun findings has 1 sense (no senses from tagged texts)
1. findings -- (a collection of tools and other articles used by an artisan to make jewelry or
clothing or shoes)
Overview of noun finding
The noun finding has 3 senses (first 3 from tagged texts)
1. (16) determination, finding -- (the act of determining the properties of something, usually by
research or calculation; "the determination of molecular structures")
2. (3) finding -- (the decision of a court on issues of fact or law)
3. (1) finding -- (something that is found; "the findings in the gastrointestinal tract indicate
that he died several hours after dinner"; "an area rich in archaeological findings")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2021-04-11 (c)sirasawa 2019