* Preterm birth and maternal psychological health.
- Studies have shown that preterm birth significantly influences mothers' psychological health. This study aimed to identify factors associated with preterm birth and assess postnatal depression and anxiety symptoms in mothers of preterm infants (n = 75) compared to mothers who delivered at term (n = 125) in a Greek sample. Multiple pregnancies, assisted reproduction technology, caesarean section, non-Greek ethnicity and smoking during pregnancy were associated with preterm delivery. Moreover, preterm infants' mothers had higher depression, state anxiety and trait anxiety scores. These findings suggest that addressing preventable causes of preterm delivery is crucial, while mothers of preterm infants should receive postnatal support.
Overview of noun findings
The noun findings has 1 sense (no senses from tagged texts)
1. findings -- (a collection of tools and other articles used by an artisan to make jewelry or
clothing or shoes)
Overview of noun finding
The noun finding has 3 senses (first 3 from tagged texts)
1. (16) determination, finding -- (the act of determining the properties of something, usually by
research or calculation; "the determination of molecular structures")
2. (3) finding -- (the decision of a court on issues of fact or law)
3. (1) finding -- (something that is found; "the findings in the gastrointestinal tract indicate
that he died several hours after dinner"; "an area rich in archaeological findings")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2021-04-11 (c)sirasawa 2019