ELIZA cgi-bash version rev. 1.90
- Medical English LInking keywords finder for the PubMed Zipped Archive (ELIZA) -
kwic search for findings out of >500 occurrences
299123 occurrences (No.77 in the rank) during 5 years in the PubMed. [cache]
23) Together, these findings suggest that GSE and Res could effectively prevent 4NQO-induced oral tumorigenesis through modulating AMPK activation, and thereby, inhibiting proliferation and inducing apoptosis and autophagy, as mechanisms of their efficacy.
* Grape seed extract and resveratrol prevent 4-nitroquinoline 1-oxide induced oral tumorigenesis in mice by modulating AMPK activation and associated biological responses.
- Preventive measures against oral carcinogenesis are urgently warranted to lower the high morbidity and mortality associated with this malignancy worldwide. Here, we investigated the chemopreventive efficacy of grape seed extract (GSE) and resveratrol (Res) in 4-nitroquinoline-1-oxide (4NQO)-induced tongue tumorigenesis in C57BL/6 mice. Following 8 weeks of 4NQO exposure (100 µg/ml in drinking water), mice were fed with either control AIN-76A diet or diet containing 0.2% GSE (w/w) or 0.25% Res (w/w) for 8 subsequent weeks, while continued on 4NQO. Upon termination of the study at 16 weeks, tongue tissues were histologically evaluated for hyperplasia, dysplasia, and papillary lesions, and then analyzed for molecular targets by immunohistochemistry. GSE and Res feeding for 8 weeks, moderately decreased the incidence, but significantly prevented the multiplicity and severity of 4NQO-induced preneoplastic and neoplastic lesions, without any apparent toxicity. In tongue tissues, both 4NQO + GSE and 4NQO + Res treatment correlated with a decreased proliferation (BrdU labeling index) but increased apoptotic death (TUNEL-positive cells) as compared to the 4NQO group. Furthermore, tongue tissues from both the 4NQO + GSE and 4NQO + Res groups showed an increase in activated metabolic regulator phospho-AMPK (Thr172) and decreased autophagy flux marker p62. Together, these findings suggest that GSE and Res could effectively prevent 4NQO-induced oral tumorigenesis through modulating AMPK activation, and thereby, inhibiting proliferation and inducing apoptosis and autophagy, as mechanisms of their efficacy.
Overview of noun findings
The noun findings has 1 sense (no senses from tagged texts)
1. findings -- (a collection of tools and other articles used by an artisan to make jewelry or
clothing or shoes)
Overview of noun finding
The noun finding has 3 senses (first 3 from tagged texts)
1. (16) determination, finding -- (the act of determining the properties of something, usually by
research or calculation; "the determination of molecular structures")
2. (3) finding -- (the decision of a court on issues of fact or law)
3. (1) finding -- (something that is found; "the findings in the gastrointestinal tract indicate
that he died several hours after dinner"; "an area rich in archaeological findings")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2021-04-11 (c)sirasawa 2019