* The association of personal resilience with stress, coping, and diabetes outcomes in adolescents with type 1 diabetes: variable- and person-focused approaches.
- This study explored the association between personal resilience and distress, coping, and diabetes outcomes in 50 adolescents with type 1 diabetes. Resilience was defined by a factor score derived from validated instruments measuring self-efficacy, optimism, and self-esteem. Variable- and person-focused methodologies were used to explore these associations. Low resilience was associated with higher distress, poor quality of life, and poor glycemic control. Participants with low resilience used more maladaptive coping strategies and were at greatest risk of poor outcomes. Findings suggest that resilience is a promising candidate for interventions designed to reduce distress and improve outcomes for adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
Overview of noun findings
The noun findings has 1 sense (no senses from tagged texts)
1. findings -- (a collection of tools and other articles used by an artisan to make jewelry or
clothing or shoes)
Overview of noun finding
The noun finding has 3 senses (first 3 from tagged texts)
1. (16) determination, finding -- (the act of determining the properties of something, usually by
research or calculation; "the determination of molecular structures")
2. (3) finding -- (the decision of a court on issues of fact or law)
3. (1) finding -- (something that is found; "the findings in the gastrointestinal tract indicate
that he died several hours after dinner"; "an area rich in archaeological findings")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2021-04-11 (c)sirasawa 2019