* Sexual life of poststroke women with mild or no disability: a qualitative study.
- The authors investigated the perspectives and experiences of poststroke women regarding sexual issues, as well as interactions in social life. A qualitative design was adopted for the study. Individual and audio-taped interviews were carried out with 16 poststroke women (18 years of age and older) that were included into the study from the Konya Education and Research Hospital, Turkey. Transcribed semi-structured interviews were qualitatively and thematically analyzed using content data analysis to code and categorize emerging themes. The authors identified 4 principal themes: physical, emotional, and spiritual changes experienced after stroke; negative effects of changes on the roles of poststroke women as housewives and mothers; changes of sexual life experienced by women in poststroke period; and support from healthcare providers in coping with emotional and sexual challenges. Findings suggest that physical, social, and emotional challenges commonly influence sexual lives of poststroke women and that such women are in need of counseling and assistance.
Overview of noun findings
The noun findings has 1 sense (no senses from tagged texts)
1. findings -- (a collection of tools and other articles used by an artisan to make jewelry or
clothing or shoes)
Overview of noun finding
The noun finding has 3 senses (first 3 from tagged texts)
1. (16) determination, finding -- (the act of determining the properties of something, usually by
research or calculation; "the determination of molecular structures")
2. (3) finding -- (the decision of a court on issues of fact or law)
3. (1) finding -- (something that is found; "the findings in the gastrointestinal tract indicate
that he died several hours after dinner"; "an area rich in archaeological findings")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2021-04-11 (c)sirasawa 2019