* The effects of teacher fidelity of implementation of pathways to health on student outcomes.
- Previous research has demonstrated the importance of ensuring that programs are implemented as intended by program developers in order to achieve desired program effects. The current study examined implementation fidelity of Pathways to Health (Pathways), a newly developed obesity prevention program for fourth- through sixth-grade children. We explored the associations between self-reported and observed implementation fidelity scores and whether implementation fidelity differed across the first 2 years of program implementation. Additionally, we examined whether implementation fidelity affected program outcomes and whether teacher beliefs were associated with implementation fidelity. The program was better received, and implementation fidelity had more effects on program outcomes in fifth grade than in fourth grade. Findings suggest that implementation in school-based obesity programs may affect junk food intake and intentions to eat healthfully and exercise. School support was associated with implementation fidelity, suggesting that prevention programs may benefit from including a component that boosts school-wide support.
Overview of noun findings
The noun findings has 1 sense (no senses from tagged texts)
1. findings -- (a collection of tools and other articles used by an artisan to make jewelry or
clothing or shoes)
Overview of noun finding
The noun finding has 3 senses (first 3 from tagged texts)
1. (16) determination, finding -- (the act of determining the properties of something, usually by
research or calculation; "the determination of molecular structures")
2. (3) finding -- (the decision of a court on issues of fact or law)
3. (1) finding -- (something that is found; "the findings in the gastrointestinal tract indicate
that he died several hours after dinner"; "an area rich in archaeological findings")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2021-04-11 (c)sirasawa 2019