2015 Gesundheitswesen (Bundesverband der Arzte des Offentlichen Gesundheitsdienstes (Germany))
* [Promoting Children from Socially Disadvantaged Backgrounds: The Mentoring Programme "Balu und Du"].
- We aimed to determine whether socially disadvantaged elementary school children profit health-wise from their participation in the mentoring programme "Balu und Du". For the evaluation study we compared an intervention group of 141 children with a stratified control group of 158 children. The project was able to reach elementary school children from socially disadvantaged families. The treatment group showed distinct advancements in the areas of self-organisation, the ability to concentrate, as well as achievement and learning motivation.
Overview of verb compare
The verb compare has 4 senses (first 3 from tagged texts)
1. (57) compare -- (examine and note the similarities or differences of; "John compared his haircut
to his friend's"; "We compared notes after we had both seen the movie")
2. (12) compare -- (be comparable; "This car does not compare with our line of Mercedes")
3. (9) compare, liken, equate -- (consider or describe as similar, equal, or analogous; "We can
compare the Han dynasty to the Romans"; "You cannot equate success in financial matters with greed")
4. compare -- (to form the comparative or superlative form on an adjective or adverb)
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2022-08-13 (c)sirasawa 2019