2015 The American journal of hospice & palliative care
* Connected health: cancer symptom and quality-of-life assessment using a tablet computer: a pilot study.
- Incorporation of tablet computers (TCs) into patient assessment may facilitate safe and secure data collection. We evaluated the usefulness and acceptability of a TC as an electronic self-report symptom assessment instrument. Research Electronic Data Capture Web-based application supported data capture. Information was collected and disseminated in real time and a structured format. Completed questionnaires were printed and given to the physician before the patient visit. Most participants completed the survey without assistance. Completion rate was 100%. The median global quality of life was high for all. More than half reported pain. Based on Edmonton Symptom Assessment System, the top 3 most common symptoms were tiredness, anxiety, and decreased well-being. Patient and physician acceptability for these quick and useful TC-based surveys was excellent.
Overview of verb base
The verb base has 3 senses (first 1 from tagged texts)
1. (75) establish, base, ground, found -- (use as a basis for; found on; "base a claim on some
2. base -- (situate as a center of operations; "we will base this project in the new lab")
3. free-base, base -- (use (purified cocaine) by burning it and inhaling the fumes)
Overview of adj based
The adj based has 2 senses (first 2 from tagged texts)
1. (3) based -- (having a base; "firmly based ice")
2. (1) based -- (having a base of operations (often used as a combining form); "a locally based
business"; "an Atlanta-based company"; "carrier-based planes")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2022-12-07 (c)sirasawa 2019