* Characterization of Dicrocoelium dendriticum isolates from small ruminants in Shaanxi Province, north-western China, using internal transcribed spacers of nuclear ribosomal DNA.
- The genetic variations in internal transcribed spacers (ITS) spanning ITS-1, 5.8S and ITS-2 rDNA of Dicrocoelium dendriticum, isolated from sheep and goats in four geographical regions in Shaanxi province, were examined. The lengths of ITS-1, 5.8S and ITS-2 rDNA sequences for D. dendriticum were 749 bp, 161 bp and 234 bp, respectively. Intra-specific sequence variations of D. dendriticum were 0-0.5% for ITS-1 and 0-1.3% for ITS-2 rDNA, while the inter-specific variations among species in genus Dicrocoelium in ITS-2 rDNA were 3.4-12.3%. Phylogenetic analysis based on sequences of ITS-2 rDNA showed that all D. dendriticum isolates in the present study were grouped with reference D. dendriticum isolates from sheep and goats, and D. dendriticum isolates from cattle and Japanese serow were clustered in a sister clade. However, the phylogenetic tree could not reveal geographically genetic relationships of D. dendriticum isolates in different origins and hosts. These findings provided basic information for further study of molecular epidemiology and control of D. dendriticum infection in Shaanxi province as well as in the world.
Overview of verb base
The verb base has 3 senses (first 1 from tagged texts)
1. (75) establish, base, ground, found -- (use as a basis for; found on; "base a claim on some
2. base -- (situate as a center of operations; "we will base this project in the new lab")
3. free-base, base -- (use (purified cocaine) by burning it and inhaling the fumes)
Overview of adj based
The adj based has 2 senses (first 2 from tagged texts)
1. (3) based -- (having a base; "firmly based ice")
2. (1) based -- (having a base of operations (often used as a combining form); "a locally based
business"; "an Atlanta-based company"; "carrier-based planes")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2022-12-07 (c)sirasawa 2019