ELIZA cgi-bash version rev. 1.90
- Medical English LInking keywords finder for the PubMed Zipped Archive (ELIZA) -
kwic search for based on out of >500 occurrences
346933 occurrences (No.53 in the rank) during 5 years in the PubMed. [cache]
253) The aim of this paper was to summarize and to present proper management of patients with IBD prior to conception, as well as pregnant women and breast-feeding mothers with IBD, based on current European Crohn's and Colitis Organisation (ECCO) guidelines and available literature.
* [Influence of inflammatory bowel disease on pregnancy and fertility - optimal treatment and management].
- Inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) affect mainly the young population and therefore fertility and pregnancy-related issues are important clinical considerations. Generally, men and women with IBD do not have decreased fertility compared to the general population. Drugs used for IBD do not affect significantly fertility in humans, except sulfasalazine, which causes a temporary reduction in spermatogenesis, but does not reduce fertility itself. The disease course during pregnancy and the risk of pregnancy-related complications depend mainly on the disease activity at the time of conception, therefore, pregnancy should be planned during a phase of remission. Except for methotrexate, mycophenolate mofetil and thalidomide, which are strongly contraindicated, drugs used for IBD appear safe in pregnancy, if they are administered carefully. The highest degree of safety was proved for 5-ASA- -containing agents, thiopurines and corticosteroids. The use of TNFα agents remains disputable, especially in the third trimester of pregnancy, due to their high concentration in the infant`s blood and the lack of data concerning its long-term safety. Surgery, if necessary, should be delayed if possible, although pregnancy is not a contraindication for surgical procedures. The management of IBD in reproductive age and pregnant women remains still controversial, because literature data comes mostly from retrospective studies. The aim of this paper was to summarize and to present proper management of patients with IBD prior to conception, as well as pregnant women and breast-feeding mothers with IBD, based on current European Crohn's and Colitis Organisation (ECCO) guidelines and available literature.
Overview of verb base
The verb base has 3 senses (first 1 from tagged texts)
1. (75) establish, base, ground, found -- (use as a basis for; found on; "base a claim on some
2. base -- (situate as a center of operations; "we will base this project in the new lab")
3. free-base, base -- (use (purified cocaine) by burning it and inhaling the fumes)
Overview of adj based
The adj based has 2 senses (first 2 from tagged texts)
1. (3) based -- (having a base; "firmly based ice")
2. (1) based -- (having a base of operations (often used as a combining form); "a locally based
business"; "an Atlanta-based company"; "carrier-based planes")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2022-08-13 (c)sirasawa 2019