* Risk factors associated with death in a 12-month cohort analysis of tuberculosis patients: 12-month follow-up after registration.
- The aim of the study was to investigate the risk of death for 12 months follow-up after registration of tuberculosis (TB), using a nationwide population-based retrospective cohort study. A total of 33851 new TB cases were enrolled from 2006 to 2008. Of these, 5584 (16.5%) patients died during the follow-up period because of TB, and 4224 (12.5%) patients died because of other causes. Multivariate survival analysis revealed that age, HIV, chronic kidney disease, stroke, cancer, and chronic liver disease and cirrhosis were significant risk factors associated with death. Patients of age 0 to 64 years with HIV, chronic kidney disease, cancer, stroke, chronic liver disease and cirrhosis, or diabetes had a higher risk of death than those without these comorbidities. The majority of the TB patients in Taiwan died because of causes other than TB, and death often occurred in the first 2 months after TB registration. Therefore, medical care and case management for those with comorbidities are advised to prevent death during TB treatment.
Overview of verb base
The verb base has 3 senses (first 1 from tagged texts)
1. (75) establish, base, ground, found -- (use as a basis for; found on; "base a claim on some
2. base -- (situate as a center of operations; "we will base this project in the new lab")
3. free-base, base -- (use (purified cocaine) by burning it and inhaling the fumes)
Overview of adj based
The adj based has 2 senses (first 2 from tagged texts)
1. (3) based -- (having a base; "firmly based ice")
2. (1) based -- (having a base of operations (often used as a combining form); "a locally based
business"; "an Atlanta-based company"; "carrier-based planes")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2021-03-04 (c)sirasawa 2019