* Cystoid macular edema induced by nab-paclitaxel.
- Cystoid macular edema (CME) is a rare complication of taxane-based chemotherapy. We encountered a patient who developed CME during treatment with nab-paclitaxel for metastatic breast cancer. Early detection of this disease enables continuation of appropriate treatment without reducing the quality of life for patients with end-stage disease. Physicians should be aware of this potential adverse effect, and should make changes to the treatment of patients as soon as possible.
Overview of verb base
The verb base has 3 senses (first 1 from tagged texts)
1. (75) establish, base, ground, found -- (use as a basis for; found on; "base a claim on some
2. base -- (situate as a center of operations; "we will base this project in the new lab")
3. free-base, base -- (use (purified cocaine) by burning it and inhaling the fumes)
Overview of adj based
The adj based has 2 senses (first 2 from tagged texts)
1. (3) based -- (having a base; "firmly based ice")
2. (1) based -- (having a base of operations (often used as a combining form); "a locally based
business"; "an Atlanta-based company"; "carrier-based planes")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2020-11-30 (c)sirasawa 2019