* Prognostic value of baseline absolute lymphocyte concentration and neutrophil/lymphocyte ratio in dogs with newly diagnosed multi-centric lymphoma.
- Canine multi-centric B-cell lymphoma shares similarities with diffuse large B-cell (Non-Hodgkin's) lymphoma (NHL) in people. In people with NHL, lymphopenia at diagnosis and first relapse and neutrophil/lymphocyte ratio (N:L) > 3.5 are negative prognostic factors for survival. The objective of this study was to determine if lymphocyte concentration at diagnosis and first relapse and N:L were prognostic for survival in dogs with newly diagnosed multi-centric lymphoma. Medical records of 77 dogs with multi-centric lymphoma treated with a CHOP-based chemotherapy protocol were retrospectively evaluated. Absolute lymphocyte concentration and N:L ratio at presentation of dogs pre-treated with steroids was not significantly different from dogs who had not received steroids. On multivariate analysis, only immunophenotype remained significant for progression-free survival (PFS), whereas no variables remained significant for ST. A prospective study of these haematologic variables is warranted to assess their true significance.
Overview of verb base
The verb base has 3 senses (first 1 from tagged texts)
1. (75) establish, base, ground, found -- (use as a basis for; found on; "base a claim on some
2. base -- (situate as a center of operations; "we will base this project in the new lab")
3. free-base, base -- (use (purified cocaine) by burning it and inhaling the fumes)
Overview of adj based
The adj based has 2 senses (first 2 from tagged texts)
1. (3) based -- (having a base; "firmly based ice")
2. (1) based -- (having a base of operations (often used as a combining form); "a locally based
business"; "an Atlanta-based company"; "carrier-based planes")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2020-11-30 (c)sirasawa 2019