2015 Gesundheitswesen (Bundesverband der Arzte des Offentlichen Gesundheitsdienstes (Germany))
* [Effect of Evidence-Based Risk Information on "Informed Choice" in Colorectal Cancer Screening: Randomised Controlled Trial].
- Evidence-based information is a prerequisite for informed choice. We compared the effect of evidence-based information on colorectal cancer screening with standard information in a randomised controlled trial. The primary endpoint was informed choice. We randomised 1,577 people insured by a large German statutory health insurance scheme, the Gmünder Ersatzkasse (GEK). The evidence-based information significantly increased informed choices: 44.0% vs. 12.8%; (difference 31.2%, 99% CI 25.7-36.7%; P<0.001).
Overview of verb base
The verb base has 3 senses (first 1 from tagged texts)
1. (75) establish, base, ground, found -- (use as a basis for; found on; "base a claim on some
2. base -- (situate as a center of operations; "we will base this project in the new lab")
3. free-base, base -- (use (purified cocaine) by burning it and inhaling the fumes)
Overview of adj based
The adj based has 2 senses (first 2 from tagged texts)
1. (3) based -- (having a base; "firmly based ice")
2. (1) based -- (having a base of operations (often used as a combining form); "a locally based
business"; "an Atlanta-based company"; "carrier-based planes")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2021-10-20 (c)sirasawa 2019