* Forecasting hepatocellular carcinoma mortality in Taiwan using an age-period-cohort model.
- Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is a common primary malignancy of the liver. Estimates of the future HCC burden are important for health planning. The authors applied an age-period-cohort (APC) model for a 15-year forecast of HCC mortality in Taiwan (based on mortality data between the years 1976 and 2005). It is found that for men, the mortality trend reverses itself in the period 2011-2015, from an increasing one to a slightly deceasing one. For women, the increasing trend reverses itself in the period 2001-2005. The age-adjusted HCC mortality for men and women in the most recent available years, 2006-2008, both fall in the range forecast by the APC model. Forecasting using the APC model can provide an advanced warning of trend reversals.
Overview of verb base
The verb base has 3 senses (first 1 from tagged texts)
1. (75) establish, base, ground, found -- (use as a basis for; found on; "base a claim on some
2. base -- (situate as a center of operations; "we will base this project in the new lab")
3. free-base, base -- (use (purified cocaine) by burning it and inhaling the fumes)
Overview of adj based
The adj based has 2 senses (first 2 from tagged texts)
1. (3) based -- (having a base; "firmly based ice")
2. (1) based -- (having a base of operations (often used as a combining form); "a locally based
business"; "an Atlanta-based company"; "carrier-based planes")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2020-10-24 (c)sirasawa 2019